KindleJo

KindleJo's Brain Dump

Highland Bride (Zebra Historical Romance)
Hannah Howell
Kate SeRine
The Outcast Prince
Shona Husk
The Phantom King (The Kings, #2) - Heather Killough-Walden *No Spoilers*

The Phantom King is the second book in Heather Killough-Walden’s The Kings series, (spin-off from her Big Bad Wolf series), while it could easily be enjoyed as a standalone book, I recommend starting with the BBW series and picking up The Vampire King before fully enjoying this one. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with so many of my favorite characters from the previous books, and meeting more Kings. (Even the “bad” guys are great). If you are looking for a book that will compel you with action, back story, hot guys, and emotion – pick up this book. It isn’t often that you can get the depth of a story in less than 300 pages, but Heather manages to do it every time. Heather Killough-Walden has a distinct talent for bringing her characters and their environments to life in her writing, which is one of the reasons I enjoy her books so much. Thanatos, (Thane), and Siobhan are so well written that you can picture them standing next to you. So often in the paranormal realm we see characters that lack real personality, you know the ones – so powerful, so prideful, so beautiful, etc. Not so with Heather’s characters.